Friday, June 22, 2012

Camp Tikiha- I Mean Loopy

So I finished my first Camp Loopy Project, Veera Valimaki's Folded sweater. This is the second of her patterns I've knit, and I've found both well written, easy to follow, and with beautiful results.

I lowered the neckline by casting off after the folds and then working back and forth. I detailed better on my project page, I think. The alteration wasn't a failing of the pattern, so much as my dislike of high necklines of any kind. I know it's a lame picture, but here's the only one I've got:



So now that I'm done with project one, I'm looking to project two. I have about 1k yards of Malabrigo Rios in the Azul Profundo Colorway. At first, I was thinking I'd make Jared Flood's Hemlock Ring. Then, I started thinking... I could make a vest with 1k yards, even in my size. Yes I could.

So here are the contenders:
The Bramblewood Vest, by Christina Wall
Angostura, by Ysolda Teague

Now I know that not a lot of people read this - I haven't posted often enough to make it worthwhile for most people - but if you read this before the end of June and have an opinion, please take the time to let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment