Monday, July 23, 2012

Insane in the membrane

So... yeah, people who know me know that I'm more than a little bit out there. If you don't know me, be prepared to be disillusioned.

At the start of Tour de Fleece, I thought to myself... "Self," I thought, "You can definitely finish processing a fleece, spinning 12 oz of Woolgatherings BFL, and a few Loop bumps during the TdF, right?"

"Right!" I heartily agreed.

And then my Etsy Shop did well, thanks to a mention on The Knit Girllls.

And then it did better, thanks to Leslie from the Knitgirllls, Dana from Just One More Row, Steve from Dramatic Knits, and always, Lemonhalf, who made my awesome logo.

And then I got a regular RL job, taking up 30 hours a week.

And the whole "I can finish things for Tour de Fleece" idea disappeared.

However, I cannot complain. I mean, I have a very early Etsy shop that's thriving, a brand new RL job, and I STILL managed to spin for TdF!

Here it is, my TdF masterpiece.


People on the Loop group may be unimpressed, but I am exceptionally happy with what I have gotten in the last month, so winning a prize is a secondary issue.


6 comments:

  1. What? Unimpressed? If I didn't give it love it was strictly accidental. Each time I scrolled by it I thought, "That's really pretty! I should "love" it!" But maybe that was in the TdF forum and not on Loop's group. Sorry. I do love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, you're a sweetheart! I'm really just saying that for the sake of winning a prize from Steph, I've kind of already won all the real life prizes I could possibly have earned this month. The shop succeding is just... far more than I could have expected or asked for, you know?

      Delete
  2. Wow, that is gorgeous handspun!!Congrats on all the cool things you have going on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that fiber spun up! I shouldn't have clicked over to the Rav group, I've now drooled all over my keyboard! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, Steph definitely knows how to make gorgeous color combinations.

      Thanks for the encouragement!

      Delete