Wednesday, May 25, 2011

My self-control is incredible.

So after giving it no thought whatsoever, and mostly because I was up really late one night and I'm the most curious being ever born, who can also write run-on sentences like nobody's business, I found myself stalking for the Wollmeise update. So many knitters couldn't possibly be wrong, right?

So, the update happened, and before I knew what I had done, I was checking out with a skein of twin in my cart, colorway Aquarius. Then, I went to bed. For a few weeks, other than the momentary, "what the heck did I spend Euros on through paypal?", I completely forgot about this late-night yarn binge.

Then, I got a notice in the mail. I had a piece of registered mail at the post office, and I could pick it up the next day. Registered mail for me? What the heck could that be?

Oh yeah....

So naturally, upon seeing that the package was from Germany, I ripped it open the second I got back to my car, where the nosey people at the post office couldn't watch me have a seizure over yarn.

Okay, maybe not a seizure, but... well, it is confirmed. There is a reason that knitters stay up to ridiculous hours of the night and stare blankly at a grey screen hitting the refresh button over and over again. And believe it or not, it isn't drugs or alcohol.

It's this.




And for good measure, the ridiculously close-up shot that my camera can't really handle...

It's a tight little skein, but full of saturated goodness, and I already have visions of what it needs to be dancing through my brain. Socks make the most sense, both because I like to knit socks, and because it's an 80/20 blend that would be perfect for socks. On the other hand, I'm open to ideas, if anyone is willing to share. (I am not, however, open to sharing, regardless of any ideas about that...)

No comments:

Post a Comment