Thursday, June 16, 2011

The one where I knit more than anyone should...

So, despite my attempt to forget I had a blog, I keep finding things to talk about. Admittedly, I'm pretty much sitting here talking to myself, but that's nothing new for me. Nor is it necessarily unexpected, since I just started writing a blog a few weeks ago.

In all but finishing, my fountain pen shawl is finished. I did an extra body pattern repeat because I knew I had more than enough yarn for it, and I like the length it came out. Or rather, I think it's a little short, but I haven't yet blocked it, so I'm sure the length will be fine.

Not having blocked it, it looks pretty much like a pile of yarn vomit with some beads thrown on for good measure:


I suppose I could have slightly alleviated that in the picture by not throwing it in a heap and snapping away, but it honestly doesn't look much better spread out right now:



Ahh well, the important thing is that it's finished. Mostly. I ordered blocking wires from inspinknity, but alas, I waited until after the shawl was finished to order them. Of course, this is actually a good thing, because I only heard about the blocking wires in question from the Knit Girllls a few days earlier. If I had ordered earlier, I would have gotten the KP ones, and well... yeah, I just think I've ordered a higher quality product this way. KP has its time and place, but that time is generally not when I'm looking for something I'll use for the rest of my knitting life.

On the subject of the other projects I wonder why I started in the middle of a busy school term, the answer is easy. Lots of knitting projects with deadlines makes me less likely to harm myself or others, because I'm too busy trying to figure out how to finish schoolwork and get back to my knitting.

I started my Camp Loopy Elisa Shawl on the evening of the 15th, and... well, after working more than 200 rows in lace weight on size six needles for the fountain pen shawl, working with DK on size eights is flying by so quickly I'll be surprised if it's not finished before the weekend is over.
This is a few minutes ago
This is this afternoon

All I have left is about 20-25 rows of lace pattern, two edging rows, and a bind off. Unless this is the hardest lace pattern ever, I'll be back to my Pride KAL very quickly.

Oh, and while I'm currently broke *grumbles about stupid local speed enforcement cameras*, I owe myself some yarn when there is money to be had. Yarndiet is my friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment