Saturday, March 17, 2012

Monogamy is for people who sleep.

So in the last few days, I've been working on that Pogona. I admit, the more I finish of it, the more of a convert I am to Stephen West's design style. I'm even considering making one or.... eight of his other designs. As said before, I dislike being a follower, but I have to give the man credit, his designs combine some of the things I like best: clean lines, simple but striking design elements, and the use of colour to its best advantage. I doubt I'll have time to even think about them in the near future, but if you're at a loss for what to knit and want a dynamic shawl pattern, I suggest checking his repertoire out before making a choice.

So here's how far I've gotten on the Pogona:

I'm about halfway through the yellow, which will leave me with four colors left. I suspect that the finished shawl is going to be considerably larger than intended, but this does not bother me.

In the meantime, I received the yarn and patters for Janel Laidman's March Knitterati club. I've decided to skip the club yarn for now, and knit the mystery project in a similarly colored cashmere blend, to spoil myself even more. This, of course, means that I am adding another new project to the needles. So...
4 pair of socks
2 shawls
1 sweater
1 8oz laceweight spinning project.

That seems like I'll be likely to finish it up soon, right?

Oh yeah, and I knit an afghan square yesterday.

I could quit anytime, I tell you!

Okay, fine, that's not true. I have to say, though, being able to flit from project to project helped keep me from curling up in a ball in the dark today and crying about how all the things stink. It's totally not true, and my life is great, but sometimes the little things can add up and seem like the end of the world until you can put them into perspective.

4 comments:

  1. Just stumbled across your blog -- I love your pogona, I did one about a year ago, I loved making it, but now that I think about it, I never wear it....I'll have to remedy that. ANYWAY, back to my point. I was totally taken in by the yarn you are using for your pogona, so vibrant. THEN I go onto read past posts to find you spun that! That is sooooo awesome, I can't wait to see it finished!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! It is being a fun knit, when I can manage to find time and energy.

      For the yarn, I can only give Steph from Loop credit, the bumps she puts together are amazing, and this one has been great to spin, and now a joy to knit with. I never expect handspun to be soft and squishy, but it is.

      I'll make sure to put up more pictures as I go!

      Delete
  2. I'm one of those crazy monogamous people. I work and work and work to churn something out so that something gets done and then I move to the next thing. I have a sweater and a sock OTN, as you've heard in my show, and I keep turning to the sock. I'm afraid I won't get it done this month so I'm sort of obsessing over it. I very much admire people who can cast on so much and get stuff done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. See, and I think that all of us crazy people who have a dozen projects at a time admire your self-restraint. One sweater and a pair of socks would be awesome. Me, I have one sweater, four pair of socks, the evenstar, and a couple of spinning projects in progress right now. I feel like I'd accomplish more if I started less projects - I know I do best when concentrating on one thing.

    ReplyDelete